Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 12419 times)

flytrumpet

• Just joined training
Thank you
« on: July 07, 2008, 01:16:49 AM »
Just had to start this topic to say thank you to the amazing creators of this project.Eversince april 12 1981 when i was 10,i was totally obsessed with the shuttle.Obviously it's quite hard to make it in real life to space,but the product you have given us definately brings me many steps closer to being there for real.

The fact that you also provide updates(with extra missions) for free and very regularly is astounding.

Thanks for an amazing simulation,you have gain a very loyal fan.

Richard

Tractorman

• Trainee
  • Build the Station Build the Future
Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 06:01:12 AM »
Third ;D ;D

spaceboy7441

• Shuttle Pilot
  • Future Real Astronaut
    • My Paper Models Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 06:20:26 AM »
Fourth I love this sim :o :o :o :o :o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D ;D :) :D ;D :) :D ;D :) :D ;D ;D :) :D ;D :) :D ;D :) :D ;D :) :D ;D :) :D ;D :o :o :o ;D
The SSM-Fans Portal: http://ssm-fans.info
The SSM wiki: http://wiki.ssm-fans.info
The Image Pad: http://upload.ssm-fans.info
Feel Free to email me: spaceboy7441@ssm-fans.info

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 12:11:12 PM »
We have many plans for SSM. Counting on your on-going support to make that happen. As you can imagine, we are all "locked-in" for making this a successful line :)

Thank YOU!
/Admin
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

Zenra

• Astronaut
    • RMBIMedical
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 11:36:13 PM »
I can't second that strongly enough!

And Admin, your words are music to our ears just as I hope the praise of SSM's adoring fans must be to yours - keep up the great work!
Zenra

Zenra

• Astronaut
    • RMBIMedical
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 07:34:25 AM »
and...

Thanks, too, for the SPEC 88 display!  The new missions are fantastic, but your continuing commitment to adding realistic functions and displays just keeps making this sim so much better than anything else out there - great work!! :)
Zenra

twinturbo99

• Just joined training
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 03:56:03 PM »

I couldn't beleive it yesterday when i launched STS-93, let's just say a surpise is in store but i don't want to spoil it for the guys who haven't done it yet. More please!

Ceri

prosiak

• Just joined training
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 06:08:14 PM »
I want to say "Thank You" and "Job Well Done" to the staff who are working on this sim as well. I was very critical of the software when it first came out and was pessimistic that it would ever reach the heights that we're at now. It's amazing that a software company actually listens to its customers and returns timely fixes in such a quick manner as well as provides updates at no charge. Admin, I look forward to the next version of the software (clickable VC's I hope), and maybe we can continue this mission to the moon and beyond!

prosiak

wolfast

• Just joined training
  • Fear is the Mind Killer
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 07:27:35 AM »
 ;D

Another THANKS!!!!!
From a very Young age Ive Loved the Shuttle, I have Mission Patches and Shuttle Paintings in my living room!!! So this sim is one of the Greatest things!!!
Thanks to all !!!!

16+ Years of Flight Simulation
Jason Hyatt

Moonwalker

• Shuttle Pilot
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 04:23:18 AM »
And of course another B I G  T H A N K S ! ! ! ;D

The first time I bacame interested in manned space flight was when I saw the Challenger disaster on TV in 1986 when I was just 7 years old. But I still remember very well like it was just yesterday. It was the time when I started to ask my parents almost anything concerning space flight. When I was 13 years old in 1992, "Shuttle" was on the market for the Amiga and Commodore computers. This was the final event to become a real manned space flight fanatics. But as the time went by until the end of the 90's, home computers became rather advanced and powerful. But sadly there was no modern replacement of the "Shuttle" simulator. It was bad times.

And then suddenly somehow I noticed SSM2007 on the web last year. I was totally shocked when I saw the previews. I already knew that this is going to become something special for space flight and flight simulation fans. And today I get impressed even more and more. Especially the last patch (1.37a) just is amazing only when I think about the new "zoom" feature within the great 3d flightdeck but much more. I'm rather happy that this simulation exists! Many thanks again and keep up the good work!

avrovulcan

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 12:19:49 PM »
What a fantastic simulator. I've been waiting for this ever since tho old Space Shuttle simulator that was available on the Commodore Amiga/286 PC (anyone remember that???).

Keep the new missions comming

Andy :) :) :) :)

Moonwalker

• Shuttle Pilot
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 08:10:57 PM »
What a fantastic simulator. I've been waiting for this ever since tho old Space Shuttle simulator that was available on the Commodore Amiga/286 PC (anyone remember that???).

Me. Just look at my post above ;)

desktopsimmer

• Shuttle Pilot
  • Re-Building Mir, with a Hammer and Sickle
    • My 3D Models
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 02:17:35 AM »
There was at least two "Space shuttle simulators" before Virgin / Vector Grafix "Shuttle". In 1986 The was "Shuttle" for the Atari, Mac and DOS Platforms.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/Shuttle

And....

"Space Shuttle: A Journey into Space", for the Apple II, Atari 8-bit, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Commodore 64, MSX, and the humble ZX Spectrum

http://www.mobygames.com/game/cpc/space-shuttle-a-journey-into-space.

Ps Thank you this simulator :)
Winner of the "weakest HW/OS combination on which SSM2007 runs with acceptable frame-rates" - Admin

Proud SSM2007 Linux User

desktopsimmer

• Shuttle Pilot
  • Re-Building Mir, with a Hammer and Sickle
    • My 3D Models
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 10:59:17 PM »
That's you! :) A big thank you for putting them on the web as my Atari disk got trashed many years ago and couldn't find a copy in shops or on the internet.

After much googling, I found your site and downloaded all three versions, that was about 2-3 years ago. Last year, I found a copy (in good condition) for DOS on ebay. Snapped it up and still fly it today :)
Winner of the "weakest HW/OS combination on which SSM2007 runs with acceptable frame-rates" - Admin

Proud SSM2007 Linux User

Moonwalker

• Shuttle Pilot
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 09:22:56 PM »
There was at least two "Space shuttle simulators" before Virgin / Vector Grafix "Shuttle". In 1986 The was "Shuttle" for the Atari, Mac and DOS Platforms.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/Shuttle

And....

"Space Shuttle: A Journey into Space", for the Apple II, Atari 8-bit, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Commodore 64, MSX, and the humble ZX Spectrum

http://www.mobygames.com/game/cpc/space-shuttle-a-journey-into-space.

Ps Thank you this simulator :)

There is a little mistake. "Shuttle" was released in 1992. And "Space Shuttle: A Journey into Space" was released in 1986.