Author Topic: My first post and vid! STS88 landing at KSC.  (Read 12527 times)

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
Re: My first post and vid! STS88 landing at KSC.
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2008, 03:48:21 AM »
Nice landings!

By the way, Admin, STS-88 was a night landing. Endeavour landed at 10.52 p.m. EST, Dec. 15 1998. I've seen footage from that landing and I can assure you it was dark.

I've also noted that the STS-116 landing scenario takes place in daylight, even though Discovery touched down right at sunset on that flight. STS-121 I see is a night landing in the sim, but that flight ended with a daylight landing, with Discovery touching down at 9.14 a.m. which in late July would be a definite daylight landing. I also remember it quite vividly as a daylight landing since it was the first shuttle flight I followed closely.

Well, after liftoff, everything is in your hands - discrepancies like these are to be expected as they depend on how long it takes you to do things in space... We do not want to rush or slow down things artificially to match the landing times.

/Admin
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

kimmern123

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2008, 05:37:34 AM »
This was when I selected the landing scenario directly from the menu just to clarify things. I think it's a good idea not to constrain the actual mission time when flying the entire mission. However I think you, with time, should add constrains related to consumables and stuff, just to make it even more realistic ;)

rokushakubo

• Just joined training
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 04:10:55 AM »
Just noticed Admin's "Domo Arigato Gozaimasu "rokushakubo" Gareth Sama!" on the "Filming in-game movies" thread.    ;D

I should point out that I'm not Japanese, do not speak Japanese and have no Japanese ancestry...   ;)  I'm from North Wales, UK.  I got the name as up until a couple of years ago, I studied martial arts, and the rokushakubo was one of the weapons we used.  I find it quite appropriate, because I'm 6ft (roku-shaku) tall, and built like a stick (bo)!   :D

On the other hand, you're welcome, Admin.  Or "croeso" as we say in Wales...  ;)