Author Topic: uncommanded roll / thrustmaster problem  (Read 1293 times)

av8r13

• Just joined training
uncommanded roll / thrustmaster problem
« on: June 12, 2020, 12:31:08 AM »
hello,

i am trying to use my thrustmaster warthog stick along with the TARGET software.

now, as soon as i enter the landing phase, the shuttle rolls violently to the left and the stick has no effect.

any ideas?

eagle7907

• Just joined training
Re: uncommanded roll / thrustmaster problem
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 02:21:56 AM »
I'm having this same problem.  I have the TM warthog and MFG crosswinds rudder.  I see another person had started a post about it, but the only solutions I could find was purchasing either a USB hub or trying to reprogram windows into changing the order on the game controllers control panel.  I've attempted the later and failed simply because I have very little understanding of the matter.

I'd hate to spend money on a hub just to find it didn't work.

The only thing I can do at the moment is unplug my primary equipment and use my back up TM T-Flight HOTAS since it has a twist grip for yaw.  Highly undesired.

thammond

• Astronaut
Re: uncommanded roll / thrustmaster problem
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 02:44:33 AM »
Hi Eagle and AV8,

The uncontrollable roll is due to having windows recognize your different gaming devices in the incorrect order.  Not exactly sure why , but it's been post numerous times in these forums as a cause to this issue.

It's been a while now but I spent a lot of time researching it in the past and I could not find any other alternative solution other than the USB hub solution.  Note in previous versions of windows, you could adjust the order of gaming devices.  However in Windows 10 they removed that feature.

I can't say for sure if this will solve your issue or not, it's just a suggestion I stumbled across for a similar type of issue and found that it worked for me.   
STS-1,STS-8,STS-41C,STS-51A,STS-26,STS-27,STS-32,STS-31,STS-47,STS-88, STS-96,STS-93,STS-103,STS-99,STS-98, STS-100,STS-121,STS-116, STS-117, STS-122,STS-124,STS-125,STS-128,STS-130, STS-401,Ares-1X