Author Topic: SSMS2 ?  (Read 208000 times)

Medicmodeler10

• Just joined training
Re: SSMS2 ?
« Reply #420 on: February 25, 2022, 10:19:21 PM »
Thanks for the February update. The screenshots from the SSMS2 vs the original, are in my opinion, night and day. Loving it.

Pappolus

• Astronaut
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #421 on: February 26, 2022, 02:09:49 AM »
Yeah, very nice update you gave us. The details you introduced us to with this "Latest News" entry are very welcome based on my likings, like, if I understood correctly, real life communications and the greater amount of detail on EVA suits: we went from a couple of "snowmen" with a tiny flag and a red stripe in SSMS07 to properly textured astronauts. Details like these are what adds another level of realism to a sim that I'm sure will be excellent. Talking about details, I remember from the previous game the reflections on the EVA helmet visors being "fake", will they be "realistic" this time, as in be a reflection depending on what actually is inside the FOV at that time? Regardless, I can't wait to try it when it'll be available. Thanks for the update and keep it up :)

Pappolus 8)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 02:13:54 AM by Pappolus »
Discovery, go with throttle up

Puma

• Astronaut
  • PUMA IS IN ORBIT
    • Authors Page
« Reply #422 on: March 21, 2022, 06:33:03 PM »
Nice to hear about the new update news, in a long long time have not heard anything concerning SSMS 2 is good to know is still alive .. BTW, here is a link of a Space Simulator I work with some friends as Testing Pilot, it is based on the Space Race era hope you like it:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/882140/Reentry__An_Orbital_Simulator/

and here are some of my videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QYEqx79_-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JHRqPEpz5U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGrvUM0hL_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcN6p4yBBoE
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
>Puma<
Hector Melo

CristiRo

• Trainee
  • Universe is Infinite
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)
« Reply #423 on: August 10, 2022, 07:44:11 PM »
Any update? The last one was in February.
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)User -

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #424 on: August 10, 2022, 09:30:06 PM »
Hello people  ;D

Sorry for not updating for a while. Since all work is being made on sounds and more realistic communications there's no fancy screen shots to show off and I didn't thought anyone would be interested to listen my ramblings so updates has been "somewhat" neglected as usual.

For the time being I can say that the new communications system works fine but takes some time to implement. But were getting there. I guess I better add something in the news section soon. (I can throw in some screen shots to, anyway. :P)

Regards!

ADMIN
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

Medicmodeler10

• Just joined training
« Reply #425 on: August 18, 2022, 02:44:37 AM »
I, for one, am just glad the project is still alive. No sarcasm or ill-intent meant. As I understand it, this is a side project for you devs and for people to be continuing to work on it as time allows is great. Will certainly be a day-of-release purchase for me. Looking forward to everything you

gxm149

• Just joined training
« Reply #426 on: October 21, 2022, 06:15:33 AM »
I just saw the update from the end of September. I wanted to say thank you to the moderators for the update. It is good to hear the things are still progressing on SSMS2 and I look forward to hearing more as your work continues. I am looking forward to when the program reaches a point where it is ready for release.

gxm149

• Just joined training
« Reply #427 on: March 05, 2023, 12:02:38 AM »
Thank you for the latest update on your progress. It is great to hear that work is still continuing on SSMS2, I am looking forward to when you get it done to a point where it is ready for release. I still regularly use the original SSMS program and I can not wait for the new version to become available when it is ready.

disasterone

• Just joined training
« Reply #428 on: April 15, 2023, 12:10:02 AM »
Thirteen years and still no SSMS2.  How about selling what you have to a serious developer who will finish it? Obviously, the gang of hobbyist is not cutting it.
The original was worth the money, but after completing all the missions 3 times, and getting only promises of something in the future, it is time for me to move on.
Pretty sad.
STS-1, STS-8, STS-26, STS-27, STS-31, STS-32, STS-41C, STS-47, STS-51A, STS-88, STS-93, STS-96, STS-98, STS-99, STS-100, STS-103, STS-116, STS-117, STS-121, STS-122, STS-124, STS-125, ARES 1X Test

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #429 on: April 15, 2023, 01:17:20 PM »
To bad that you feel that way. But we can understand you. There's just so many hours a day and just so many days a year and that will never change. :(
But your always welcome back when we finish SSMS2.

ADMIN
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

ratchet233

• Just joined training
« Reply #430 on: April 20, 2023, 04:45:40 PM »
Really Hoping to see this game one day! I really enjoyed playing the Original, Any Thoughts on getting the Original/SSMS2 Getting added to Steam?

gxm149

• Just joined training
« Reply #431 on: April 23, 2023, 01:09:12 AM »
I for one am glad that the Space Shuttle Mission Simulator 2 is still being developed so I want to say thank you to the development team. I will continue to patiently wait until it is finished. I do agree with ratchet233 as well though. It would be nice to have the legacy Space Shuttle Mission Simulator available for purchase on Steam as well, that way if anything happens to your copy of the program or you update your hardware you wouldn't have to worry about contacting the admins for a new key or anything. You could simply reinstall it through Steam. You could maybe update the textures for the earth to a higher resolution though so that it would be closer to the current standards. Other than that I think that the original program would still hold it's own with some of the newer programs that are available. When it was released in 2007 it really was a top of the line program and I still enjoy using it. I would also like to suggest that with the new program whenever it is ready, it would be nice to have the shuttle U.S.S. Enterprise with the Approach and Landing Test (ALT) as an introductory mission as an easy way to get you familiar with the like the original Space Shuttle simulator from Virgin Games did back in the 1990's but I know that is still a long way off before you begin considering anything like that. Thank you for continuing to work on the program and I will be looking forward to whenever it is ready and available for purchase.

gxm149

• Just joined training
« Reply #432 on: June 14, 2023, 11:29:05 PM »
I just wanted to say thank you for the update on June 11th. The new program is looking good and I am glad to see that it is still progressing. I will continue to patiently wait for it's release once it is finished.

Nats

• Just joined training
« Reply #433 on: June 27, 2023, 02:54:50 AM »
Maybe you should join forces with the Reentry dev, he is planning to do a Space Shuttle sim now he has got Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo sims fairly complete.
"Its life Jim but not as we know it"

gxm149

• Just joined training
« Reply #434 on: October 26, 2023, 12:11:22 AM »
I just want to say thank you to the developers for posting an update and letting us know how things are progressing. I am glad to see that development of SSMS2 is still progressing and that it seems like there will be a beta version soon. Hopefully this means that the program will be released sometime in the next year, crossing my fingers. Thank you for continuing to work on it and I will continue to wait patiently until you have a version of SSMS2 that is available for a public release for us to purchase.