Author Topic: progress of SSMS 2  (Read 231263 times)

Cthulhus

• Space Shuttle Mission 2007
  • Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Crew/Moderator
    • Avionic-Online
Re: progress of SSMS 2
« Reply #270 on: October 01, 2012, 01:37:06 PM »
Hey, not not and NOT. The development of SSMS2 is NOT put to a halt. Not in any way! But the process has been way slow by resolving the mentioned issues... We do our best ! I'll try to show something NEW here on the forum asap ok ?
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

DenisFerrari

• Astronaut
« Reply #271 on: October 03, 2012, 03:18:27 AM »
...so, let's hope to see something new on the forum soon...

Moonwalker

• Shuttle Pilot
« Reply #272 on: October 05, 2012, 02:00:37 PM »
No updates for month, misterious non-technical issues... this all doesn't sound good. Reminds of other projects which never were released/continued...

christra

« Reply #273 on: October 05, 2012, 11:28:53 PM »
No updates for month, misterious non-technical issues... this all doesn't sound good. Reminds of other projects which never were released/continued...

Don't get lost in selfmade rumours...
It is proceeding but slower than planned. That's all.

DenisFerrari

• Astronaut
« Reply #274 on: October 06, 2012, 02:31:16 AM »

Sure, development team strangely decided not to give any more preview, shot or sneak peaks....not sure if this is the best decision...

Cras

• Astronaut
« Reply #275 on: October 06, 2012, 10:54:51 AM »
Well, you can either accept what the moderators have said (and honestly I do not see why you wouldn't), and just wait for the guys to finish up SSM 2,

or here:  http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/downloads

Download that and you can get to work on coding your own Shuttle Sim.

I prefer to just let the guys work on SSM 2.    I still have plenty of flights to go on my current run through to tide me over.

Cheers!

DenisFerrari

• Astronaut
« Reply #276 on: October 06, 2012, 02:52:50 PM »
Cras,
no one of us is not letting SSMS2 team develop it !

And also, we'r just simply writing or opinion ... just saying that's quite strange they do not give us new shots or infos about it.... only this.

Then, if in our rows you want to read anything else, well, that's your problem.

Cheers ;)

Moonwalker

• Shuttle Pilot
« Reply #277 on: October 06, 2012, 04:22:24 PM »

Don't get lost in selfmade rumours...
It is proceeding but slower than planned. That's all.

I hope it's not a rumor ;)

Moonwalker

• Shuttle Pilot
« Reply #278 on: October 06, 2012, 04:29:18 PM »
Well, you can either accept what the moderators have said (and honestly I do not see why you wouldn't), and just wait for the guys to finish up SSM 2,

Because we did not get any news for month, and because it has been said that SSM2 won't be released this year. The forum is dying slowly. This is a point at which customers usually start to worry about the future of a product. Especially because in the flight sim market there were products in the past which were never released or continued, although stuff was announced and shown for month and years. Without cards on the table (which is sadly usual) the customers can only become curious.

DenisFerrari

• Astronaut
« Reply #279 on: October 06, 2012, 05:23:05 PM »

Because we did not get any news for month, and because it has been said that SSM2 won't be released this year. The forum is dying slowly. This is a point at which customers usually start to worry about the future of a product. Especially because in the flight sim market there were products in the past which were never released or continued, although stuff was announced and shown for month and years. Without cards on the table (which is sadly usual) the customers can only become curious.

That is exaclty the point we all are worrying about... :'(

uri_ba

• Shuttle Pilot
  • Proudly Addicted!
    • SSM-fans Rulez! :)
« Reply #280 on: October 07, 2012, 04:12:55 PM »

Well, this is not FighterOPS. :)
SSMS2 is not a vaporware, and with some luck it will be out sometime in 2013.

As we have said, the schedule has been changed considerably due to unforeseen events. Work is still going on, but in a slower pace.
The SSM-fans sites:
Blog: http://blog.ssm-fans.info
Wiki: http://wiki.ssm-fans.info
The Image Pad: http://upload.ssm-fans.info
you can contact me at uri@ssm-fans.info

Moonwalker

• Shuttle Pilot
« Reply #281 on: October 07, 2012, 04:37:31 PM »
Unforeseen events doesn't sound good...

DenisFerrari

• Astronaut
« Reply #282 on: October 07, 2012, 06:16:15 PM »
Unforeseen events doesn't sound good...

.. +1  :'(

uri_ba

• Shuttle Pilot
  • Proudly Addicted!
    • SSM-fans Rulez! :)
« Reply #283 on: October 08, 2012, 05:47:38 AM »
how does "unforeseen events" is different then "non-technical issue that surprised all involved"?
The SSM-fans sites:
Blog: http://blog.ssm-fans.info
Wiki: http://wiki.ssm-fans.info
The Image Pad: http://upload.ssm-fans.info
you can contact me at uri@ssm-fans.info

Moonwalker

• Shuttle Pilot
« Reply #284 on: October 21, 2012, 05:59:06 PM »
what ya mean the forum is dieing?

8 people replied in the "anybody here?" thread within one month. Not to mention most of the other parts of the forum, which don't include new posts for weeks and month. For a product and support forum it's not a good sign.

There is no feature packs anymore for more than 2 years, and not a single sign of any progress for one year now.

This place currently is kinda dead beside a few survivors and a few posts which only imply that there is still a progress :-\