Author Topic: Bravo!  (Read 2738 times)

Cygnus

• Astronaut
Bravo!
« on: February 16, 2009, 05:24:00 AM »
Greetings!

Just wanted to say how awesome this program is! I used to have the Virgin Shuttle "sim" back in the early 90's. Having followed the STS program from the beginning, it was a must have for my flight sim collection. I must have done every mission a dozen times.

For the last 4-5 years, I've often thought "why doesn't anyone revamp that sim with today's graphics?" One day last month, I was reading material about the Buran on wikipedia when I saw a link to this sight. I was blown away! Better than Christmas! I immediately downloaded the demo and was just giddy. Here it was....just as I imagined it should be.

I flew the demo a few times then bought the program and it just gets better and better! Due to the old virgin sim, I was able to jump right in with no trouble what so ever. I'm up to sts-88 and am a little stuck with the Unity docking but will get through eventually. Can't wait to get to the other ISS construction missions!

I did skip ahead and complete sts-401. Great mission! So was sts-47. Being able to go inside the spacelab made me wonder if ISS entry might be in our future? THAT..would be the shiznit right there! =) It's on my new wish list. If I had to add anything else it would be VAB roll-out, increased shuttle pre-launch prep(t-minus 6hrs), and mid-deck entry. But, those are just wishes, not critiques.

All-in-all, This was the best 50 bucks I've put down for a sim in a long time. My thanks to all who put in and continue to put in all the quality work. Nicely done! May all your "endevours" be "on at the 90"!!

JLM

• Shuttle Pilot
  • "Space....the infinite frontier."-Spock
Re: Bravo!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 06:10:59 AM »
Welcome aboard Cygnus, the shuttle has landed! ;D

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 05:52:23 PM »
Greetings!

Just wanted to say how awesome this program is! I used to have the Virgin Shuttle "sim" back in the early 90's. Having followed the STS program from the beginning, it was a must have for my flight sim collection. I must have done every mission a dozen times.

For the last 4-5 years, I've often thought "why doesn't anyone revamp that sim with today's graphics?" One day last month, I was reading material about the Buran on wikipedia when I saw a link to this sight. I was blown away! Better than Christmas! I immediately downloaded the demo and was just giddy. Here it was....just as I imagined it should be.

I flew the demo a few times then bought the program and it just gets better and better! Due to the old virgin sim, I was able to jump right in with no trouble what so ever. I'm up to sts-88 and am a little stuck with the Unity docking but will get through eventually. Can't wait to get to the other ISS construction missions!

I did skip ahead and complete sts-401. Great mission! So was sts-47. Being able to go inside the spacelab made me wonder if ISS entry might be in our future? THAT..would be the shiznit right there! =) It's on my new wish list. If I had to add anything else it would be VAB roll-out, increased shuttle pre-launch prep(t-minus 6hrs), and mid-deck entry. But, those are just wishes, not critiques.

All-in-all, This was the best 50 bucks I've put down for a sim in a long time. My thanks to all who put in and continue to put in all the quality work. Nicely done! May all your "endevours" be "on at the 90"!!

Welcome on board Cygnus! We're happy you enjoy our sim so much. We're having a blast too developing it.

We have quite a few plans for it in the future so keep on visiting  the website and looking for new Service Packs and missions.

See you on orbit!
/Admin
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

Cygnus

• Astronaut
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 11:59:35 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome. I shall indeed return for more news and packs. I can only imagine what is in the future for ssm2007. I would also like to compliment this forum as it has some great posts and very helpful info. Regular Admin involvement(as I've seen here and many other posts) makes this feel like a real community. Glad to be on board. One of my favorite things to do now is fly an F-18 with the NASA livery from FSX Accel. from Houston to the SLF at Kennedy, then fly back after completing a mission. It's flight sim geekness at it's best!

Cyg

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 03:52:20 PM »
Well, in that case you should add your contribution here :)

http://www.space-shuttle-mission.com/forum/index.php?topic=1660.0

/Admin
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -