Author Topic: Solid release date and time???  (Read 4456 times)

mwabd1

• Just joined training
Solid release date and time???
« on: December 18, 2007, 10:52:39 PM »
Your not really gonna make us wait unitl Christmas day are ya ::)???????

Most of us will be to busy putting together the kids toys so we won't be able to play with ours!

Any idea of the exact time and date of release?

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
Re: Solid release date and time???
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 11:20:11 PM »
Well, unfortunately we are not selling Harry Potter books or Playstation 3s, so we cannot give you a specific hour that will have people stand in line in front of the stores shooting at each other. Software release is a different kind of business so we strive to meet our self-imposed deadlines - in this case Christmas. We hope we can manage considering we also have preparations and families and kids to look after.

Nevertheless we may consider postponing the release till after Christmas in order not to mess with other people's family gathering and preparations.

/Admin
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

krisj

• Astronaut
    • www.spaceplace.be
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 11:25:20 PM »
Well, unfortunately we are not selling Harry Potter books or Playstation 3s, so we cannot give you a specific hour that will have people stand in line in front of the stores shooting at each other. Software release is a different kind of business so we strive to meet our self-imposed deadlines - in this case Christmas. We hope we can manage considering we also have preparations and families and kids to look after.

Nevertheless we may consider postponing the release till after Christmas in order not to mess with other people's family gathering and preparations.

/Admin

why not in the night of the 23th to the 24th :) also around Christmas

(also @ my birthday :p )

but i'm just looking forward to the release no mather when :p
sts-1,sts-8,sts-26,sts-27,sts-31,sts-32,sts-41C,sts-47,sts-51A,sts-88,sts-93,sts-96,
sts-98,sts-99,sts-100,sts-103,sts-116,sts-117,sts-121,sts-122,sts-124,sts-125,
sts-128,sts-130,sts-401,Ares 1-X

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 11:38:40 PM »
Hi all,

Can ANYONE in this forum believe us when we say that we also want to release SSM2007 as early as possible?

Well, we DO!

If we do not release as soon as we want, that's because there are good reasons for that: finalizing the features, debugging, testing and also the dreaded electronic delivery and e-commerce system. Add to that that we haven't had a break during the last two months and and decent sleep during the last three weeks and you have a pretty good picture of what's been happening here.

We want YOUR experience to be as smooth and pleasant as humanly possible so pressuring us to release and then complaining about bugs and/or purchase nasty surprises do not go hand in hand.

We plan to release on Christmas - in English that means either 24 or 25. We told a member here that is is safe to assume it will be 25th. BUT - if it gets delayed due to reasons beyond our control, then we hope that you'll still love us in the morning and remember our first names <g>.

And please, understand that we are sincerely flattered by these pressures too - this shows that you want SSM2007. Our job is to make sure that once you have it, you also enjoy it.

So please bear with us and you won't be disappointed!

/Admin
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

krisj

• Astronaut
    • www.spaceplace.be
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 01:51:52 AM »
hey Admin,

we now that you @ Exciting Simulations do everithing possible for SSM2007
and we thank you all for that :) ;)

also it's better to whait a few day's and that we have all fun with SSM2007 :)

"And please, understand that we are sincerely flattered by these pressures too - this shows that you want SSM2007"

you are right about this :) it's only a few day's and i can also hartly wait :) and this will be a huge presant under my tree (a) christmas tree i mean :p

i hope that the people can wait a few more day's and then cane everyone have fun and only fun with SSM2007 :)

so thats wat i wanted to say :p also sorry for my bad english :p
sts-1,sts-8,sts-26,sts-27,sts-31,sts-32,sts-41C,sts-47,sts-51A,sts-88,sts-93,sts-96,
sts-98,sts-99,sts-100,sts-103,sts-116,sts-117,sts-121,sts-122,sts-124,sts-125,
sts-128,sts-130,sts-401,Ares 1-X

stardust

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 04:36:04 AM »
Well, I?m sure the ?SSM- 2007 ?team? will do everything in their power to meet the deadline, so that they can enjoy a well deserved vacation, and spent some time with their families especially in this holidays season.
In projects like this, quality of the software is important and when working with 3rd parties, there is the possibility that something can happen beyond the team?s control.
Even the real space shuttle crews have to leave the shuttle and wait, when the launch is postponed due to last minute technical faults; look what happened with STS-122.  Launch is now scheduled for the 10th of January as you know.
So if we have to wait due to last minute problems, we can consider it as being already part of the simulation.  :D
Let us hope this will not be the case, and remember ?Fortuna favet Fortibus?; which translates to:  "Fortune Favors the Bold"  ;)