Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
General discussion / Re: SSMS2 ?
« Last post by Medicmodeler10 on February 25, 2022, 10:19:21 PM »
Thanks for the February update. The screenshots from the SSMS2 vs the original, are in my opinion, night and day. Loving it.
Latest News / 2022-02-24
« Last post by Admin on February 24, 2022, 09:20:30 PM »
Well, better show some sign of life I suppose.
There will be now teasing screenshots this time so you don't need to drool on your keyboard  :D.

Things that has been done is testing and testing and after that some more testing. And things is turning out to work very good actually. A beta is getting closer and closer!

Also, a "noob" mode has been added for the launch/entry/on-orbit parts that's not mission specific. That means you can press a button and all tasks will be performed. It will be added to missions to and hopefully make the sim useable even if your not a gung-ho SSM user like most you are. Of course no achievements will be possible in the noob mode, so sooner or later you need to do it yourself.

Right now communications is improved. After downloading about all communication files from the, painfully slow, Internet Archives NASA Audio collection our hands are full matching communications with actions in the sim. Its a labour of love as usual. But the result is much better then our old "performed" communications.

The real comms is not so strict as in SSM2007, and they use acronyms and expressions you seldom use in real life. The end result is very cool.
One "old" voice that will be kept so far is Roberts narrative launch speech.

Since we cant get OpenAL to compile with our old Borland stuff, we don't waste any more time for now. The old trusty Direct Sound fills the need quite well. Even if its deprecated.

So, all is fine at this end and work is going on as usual.

Until next time.

ADMIN

( Ok, cant resist. Here's a little screenshot anyway. USA and Sweden working together on STS-128. )

https://imgur.com/a/sbVMaLn
Dear Admin!

Has been a while, since i posted something here.

If youd want to, i could test ssm2007 on an IMAC 29 2019 i9-CPU with Radeon Pro 580X and windows 11.

marvx
« Last post by Medicmodeler10 on October 02, 2021, 03:56:34 AM »
Yes, once again, thank you. Things are looking great!
« Last post by Pappolus on September 27, 2021, 04:45:18 AM »
Thanks for the update and for "shedding some light" on the progresses made :P Those screenshots look great, can't wait for it  8)
Latest News / 2021-09-26
« Last post by Admin on September 26, 2021, 08:05:41 PM »
Well, at least it hasn't been a whole year since the latest update. :-[

Much of the time spent since last update have been spent on this site. After a PHP upgrade and the death of flashplayer we were forced to start almost from scratch with everything.
The good news about this is that we all got some knowledge in MySQL, XAMPP and other programs never used unless youre not into web development.

NOT as fun as coding and 3D implementations! :(

A more custom look of the forum is 90% finished and will be tested soon. The only problem that remains is that login error that forces you to enter the forum address in the browser to be able to log in.
Pretty sure that has something to do with our web provider or Simple machines forum.

As you can guess there's not much new stuff to show in screenshots, since besides the web issues most time been spent to fix bugs and improve things. Before starting more missions we decided to take a look at the sound part of the sim.
Tempted to add real 3D sound we tried the OpenAL SDK. Just to find that there were no SDK libraries for our old trusty Borland compiler. And the Implib function didn't work, so back to square one. But we are not giving that up yet.

Next issue happened when we added fog to the scenery. A miss-alignment of the KSC detailed overlay made the fog visible between the detailed overlay and the earth horizon. So everything needed to be adjusted, and while at it we added more structures to the KSC.

Not all bed news though. Using blending of layers we fixed lighted textures during night that fades in when its dark. In the old 2007 version there's a significant delay when the program switches textures at night or day shift. That's history now. :D
Also, improvements of the atmosphere has been made and is almost 100%.

When sound issues are finished this stuff is ready for beta testing. We hope to have a beta ready before next year. Its been said before, I know, but it has been so many issues with everything outside the actual sim development and it still progresses. So nothing should be able to stop it now.

And now time for some screenshots.

First, couple of images showing the light effects. Using original texture and blend with an alpha layer that adds light. This is the first mock-up, things will be fine tuned later.

https://imgur.com/a/mqSdjd5
https://imgur.com/VHRVjcK
https://imgur.com/tAUzbXx
https://imgur.com/OiyIAzo

And a couple of views of the atmosphere:

https://imgur.com/wQl38c0
https://imgur.com/G7k3SS2

Well, hope to be back some time BEFORE new years day next time. ::)

ADMIN

« Last post by Medicmodeler10 on September 13, 2021, 07:45:23 AM »
Anything new to report?
« Last post by robm61071 on July 12, 2021, 07:12:37 PM »
Howdy All.  Another SSMS fan in wait for update on version 2.  The pics are great but was wondering if it would be easier to just update the current game-a new engine I suppose and have an add on(s) for additional missions?   Wouldn't this be easier to do than to create an newer game overall.  Or maybe yet, have the updates/add on for the current game and still do the SSMS 2.  Just an ?........ :)
« Last post by Shadeus on May 27, 2021, 09:12:49 AM »
Thanks for all the updates so far! Anything new over the last 4 months? If so and I missed it, I'm sorry!
Real NASA Space Shuttle Missions / Re: NASA's Next Rocket
« Last post by SpaceJac37 on March 22, 2021, 05:29:07 PM »
Rocket building is one of the most developing industries nowadays. The space launch company makes a contribution to space exploration - today we have different launch vehicles, satellites, the third stage for cargo delivery to Leo orbit, and much more.

Wow, I see I found a new friend here. I thought I wouldn't meet a like-minded person on this forum. All people I know are insecure about fast-growing companies because they think no one besides NASA and SpaceX can invent new technology and develop it. Where did you hear about Skyrora first? I browsed my newsfeed and saw an article with a heading like "A private space company UK can boast of," or something like that. The United Kingdom and space seemed two opposed to me, so I decided to dive into this topic. It was a good decision because I found out many amazing things about Skyrora, its plans, and the technologies it uses.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10