Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Latest News / 2023-02-21
« Last post by Admin on February 21, 2023, 11:16:56 PM »
Just to give some sign of life I just wanted to report that the communications are STILL being added. Things have taken quite some time but since you get wiser by age and we have got hands on even more detailed mission checklists the missions is being tweaked at the same time.

All this makes the Beta much more complete and reduce the number of possible bugs. When it comes to the communications all Capcom except landing is finished. All different comms during launch is finished. STS-1 is finished and STS-8 is almost finished.
Next things to add is docking ISS and EVA communications. It takes time, but as the library grows we don't need to add new sounds.
Its that darn listening/cut/resample/save part that makes you go LOL exactly  :(

But were getting there!
Finally, a little task for anyone that feels committed. We got the real INSAT deployment checklist for STS-8 and at least three DPS displays in SM mode is missing in both the "big" DPS dictionary and the Shuttle Crew Operations Manual.
We got the commands issued in the displays, but not the actual display layout.
The displays are numbered SM 211 <name of payload>, SM 206 <name of payload> and SM 201 DEPLOY.
If the shuttle had more payloads the next  payload displays was the next number.
So for STS-8 the SM 211 is ANIK and SM 212 PALAPPA and so on. Any info is appreciated :D

(Next time I promise we will add some screenshots to :P)

Regards!
ADMIN
General discussion / Re: Mods/custom content
« Last post by gxm149 on February 04, 2023, 03:07:27 AM »
I was just wondering if you could give an update on how the development of SSM2 is going? It has been a while since there has been an update and I was just curious to know how things are going with your development of the new program and what has changed since the last update that you gave us last year. Thank you for continuing to work on it.
Space Shuttle Mission Simulator (tm) / Re: is STS-1 Bugged?
« Last post by Pappolus on February 04, 2023, 02:50:11 AM »
Before and after launch, yes. Throughout ascent? No.
« Last post by Zac on February 03, 2023, 09:35:29 AM »
Ok thank you for the Tip, ill now pause every time I get a new COM, I didn't know that was a possibility.

So are you also saying that during launch there are also switches to flip?
General discussion / Re: Mods/custom content
« Last post by Admin on February 01, 2023, 05:17:51 PM »
Hi there!

To early to tell right now. The idea has been suggested before, and it could speed up development later on. But we aim to finish a version much like the first SSM2007, with a few missions to begin with. (But hopefully less bugs :-[)

ADMIN

« Last post by Admin on February 01, 2023, 05:11:09 PM »
Hello sir!

If a flashing arrow doesn't disappear when you set the switch to the correct position you probably wasted to much time searching for the correct buttons in an earlier stage of the mission.
Until you get the hang of it I suggest you pause the sim when you get a new comm message. You can still scroll around the panel and flip switches while paused.
Usually you got lots of time, but there are one or two critical moments during launch that can be missed. It would be nice to know were in the mission this happens and if it happens at the same time every mission.

After 15 years of debugging I'm pretty sure all bugs are gone. 8)

ADMIN
General discussion / Mods/custom content
« Last post by CDRMikkel on January 31, 2023, 10:34:30 PM »
Hi, will we be able to create mods/custom content for SSM2? Mostly curious about creating or own
mission's etc.

Best regards, Mikkel.
Space Shuttle Mission Simulator (tm) / is STS-1 Bugged?
« Last post by Zac on January 26, 2023, 09:24:58 AM »
I seem to keep getting stuck in spots, even when I flip a switch and follow the coms, sometimes it still flashing the yellow arrow on it.

Or sometimes keeps saying NO GO

Even though I'm following every com line for line, doing exactly as it says, is there something else I'm missing in this sim?
Space Shuttle Mission Simulator (tm) / Re: Stuck in STS-31
« Last post by Zac on January 11, 2023, 10:50:40 AM »
Ok thank you everyone, Not sure how I could have had a timing issue? as I always have to do the tasks before I can move on?
Space Shuttle Mission Simulator (tm) / Re: Stuck in STS-31
« Last post by Pappolus on January 11, 2023, 06:08:06 AM »
If the problem is that you have to let go of Hubble and don't know how, press 5 on your numpad to release HST. Otherwise, as Admin said, providing the comm. number you're stuck at would help :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10