Author Topic: Controller  (Read 5238 times)

SlickRick

• Just joined training
Controller
« on: March 24, 2011, 07:05:52 PM »
For those that that have been talking about utilizing switches in the next gen of this sim, i built a controller box using Leo Bodners Precision Joystick Controller BU0836 (you can google it) and have all the general keyboard commands programmed into it and a thrustmaster hotas x also hooked up. So far no problems running both, whats nice is i have 32 buttons i can program so looking down the road (soon i hope) when the next SSMS comes out, if it does have switches capability i can program the box for it. The box itself is not hard to build, general wiring, soldering knowledge is all thats needed.

Rick

Cthulhus

• Space Shuttle Mission 2007
  • Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Crew/Moderator
    • Avionic-Online
Re: Controller
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 07:57:52 PM »
Hope that SSMS2 will be more "open" for home cockpit and compatible with some hardware like CDUII :-)
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 09:30:04 PM »
For those that that have been talking about utilizing switches in the next gen of this sim, i built a controller box using Leo Bodners Precision Joystick Controller BU0836 (you can google it) and have all the general keyboard commands programmed into it and a thrustmaster hotas x also hooked up. So far no problems running both, whats nice is i have 32 buttons i can program so looking down the road (soon i hope) when the next SSMS comes out, if it does have switches capability i can program the box for it. The box itself is not hard to build, general wiring, soldering knowledge is all thats needed.

Rick

Smooth, Rick! Yes, SSMS2 will have more programmable functions and an expanded controller section. Those 32 buttons will be put to good use.

/Admin
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

SlickRick

• Just joined training
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 09:44:18 PM »
Yippeeeeee <---------- Stands up and does happy dance

bjbeard

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 04:50:48 AM »
I need a Translational Hand Controller..