Author Topic: SSM Soundtrack  (Read 3718 times)

victorlima01

• Just joined training
SSM Soundtrack
« on: March 13, 2011, 04:10:23 AM »
I´ve been meaning to ask this for the longest time, but kept forgetting. I´m very appreciative of games and films´ soundtracks in general, and was quite impressed with SSM 2007´s score. Thus I became curious about it and would like to know from the developers. Was it composed for the sim or is it music from somewhere else? Who composed it?

In my opinion it feels like the music was created specifically for a space simulation since it feels so immersive. It was superbly done. The different pieces played throughout the mission fit perfectly with their respective moments. The launch and landing sequences simply wouldn´t be the same without the music. First time I ran the sim I was already overjoyed for being able to enter and interact with an Shuttle flight deck - a child´s dream carried onto adulthood. When the music started playing and the roar of the SMEs and the SRBs filled my room I was close to tears!

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Cheers,
Victor

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
Re: SSM Soundtrack
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 06:22:03 PM »
I´ve been meaning to ask this for the longest time, but kept forgetting. I´m very appreciative of games and films´ soundtracks in general, and was quite impressed with SSM 2007´s score. Thus I became curious about it and would like to know from the developers. Was it composed for the sim or is it music from somewhere else? Who composed it?

In my opinion it feels like the music was created specifically for a space simulation since it feels so immersive. It was superbly done. The different pieces played throughout the mission fit perfectly with their respective moments. The launch and landing sequences simply wouldn´t be the same without the music. First time I ran the sim I was already overjoyed for being able to enter and interact with an Shuttle flight deck - a child´s dream carried onto adulthood. When the music started playing and the roar of the SMEs and the SRBs filled my room I was close to tears!

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Cheers,
Victor

Hi Victor,

Thank you for appreciating the music. Read the credits in the Quick Start Manual ;)

/Admin
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

victorlima01

• Just joined training
Re: SSM Soundtrack
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 08:38:48 PM »
I´m almost embarassed I asked, of course it would be in the credits! Thanks for the heads-up! Good luck with SSM2 development, really looking forward to it!