Author Topic: Customer service problems  (Read 3817 times)

fritz1965

• Just joined training
Customer service problems
« on: January 26, 2011, 08:21:14 AM »
It has been 10 days since I requested a new key after building a new computer.  I provided ALL of the information requested and still have not received my new key.  In fact, it is the exact same format that I had sent before when I had built my previous computer, and I received my new key within a day.  I'm not very happy with the lack of customer service.  We haven't seen a new mission patch in months, and apparently key requests are being ignored.  I'm pretty much at the point where I no longer care.  If this is how it's going to be, I'll just uninstall this simulator and consider it a bad experience.

christra

Re: Customer service problems
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 01:26:37 PM »
It has been 10 days since I requested a new key after building a new computer.  I provided ALL of the information requested and still have not received my new key.  In fact, it is the exact same format that I had sent before when I had built my previous computer, and I received my new key within a day.  I'm not very happy with the lack of customer service.  We haven't seen a new mission patch in months, and apparently key requests are being ignored.  I'm pretty much at the point where I no longer care.  If this is how it's going to be, I'll just uninstall this simulator and consider it a bad experience.
As you said, you got your previous key within a day. And now there is a delay and you call it "lack of customer service"? Slow down a little bit  :). You don't know the reason for the delay. Considering the whole simulator a bad experience for this reason is unjustified.
Concerning the patches: How many of them have been released? 10? I haven't count them. Tell me one other simulator that has this number of patches for no money. And these patches haven't been bug fixes alone but expanded the whole thing.
Get serious.

I would recommend to install it on a memory stick. Then you may build as many new computers as you like, without the need of a new key. This hint is for free as well.  ;)

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 03:15:59 PM »
It has been 10 days since I requested a new key after building a new computer.  I provided ALL of the information requested and still have not received my new key.  In fact, it is the exact same format that I had sent before when I had built my previous computer, and I received my new key within a day.  I'm not very happy with the lack of customer service.  We haven't seen a new mission patch in months, and apparently key requests are being ignored.  I'm pretty much at the point where I no longer care.  If this is how it's going to be, I'll just uninstall this simulator and consider it a bad experience.

Michael,

I have verified your claim and here is what I found:

The last email support@ got from you was:

"This will be installed on a USB thumb drive.  

Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless"

to which they replied on Jan 15t:

"Please first install the game on the USB drive, run it off the USB drive and then tell us what PC-ID it gives you.

In order to activate it, we need you to first install it on the target USB drive.

Respectfully,
//The SSM Crew//"

Guess what: they are still waiting for you to send that new USB PC ID without which they cannot generate a new key. If you sent an email since then, nobody knows - maybe you didn't or maybe you did and it got "caught" in a spam filter. Maybe you even didn't get that last email from support@ at your end - we cannot tell. However we suspect that you did receive that email from support@ since you claim that you didn't get a reply for 10 days. That reply is on record and its time stamp can be verified if you want. AMOF, I will ask support to forward it again for you to see.

We commit to service within "two business days", and we constantly exceed service by reacting within less than one day, sometimes within a few hours, even on non-business days! Actually Jan 15th WAS a Saturday, and support@ weren't supposed to be working at all, but you did get a meaningful and helpful reply nevertheless! I remember posts on this forum expressing surprise and excitement about receiving support during holidays, including Christmas!

I guess  that if I were you, and saw that those two business days are over by more than 1 or two days, I'd suspect that something has happened (especially since previously they were so fast!), and send a reminder, nagging until I get service.

It doesn't seem that you did that. Instead, you woke up today and posted a smear, blaming everyboy and everything without thinking twice.

And what does all this have to do with new missions? If you cared to read the forum more often, you'd found out that there were already discussions about the team being busy with developing the next version, and some sneak peeks of the current Alpha have been posted already. When working on a tight schedule on a new release packed with new features, something had to let go and in this case, it was new missions.

I think that after three years of almost 30 FREE missions and FREE major updates combined, there is no place for any complaint on this point, especially since support continues without any issues and the team has been working on a new major release of the sim. We feel that we've met and exceeded any standards when you consider that major titles do not release more than 1-2 patches (no new features, just mainly bug fixes) during the lifetime of a product, not to mention providing close to nothing as free content after release.

I suggest that you send support@ the new PC ID for the USB installation, and they'll be more than pleased to help you, just like they did before.

I don't know if you care anymore, but at this end we do.

/Admin
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:39:52 PM by Admin »
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

christra

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 05:44:25 PM »
[..]
And what does all this have to do with new missions? If you cared to read the forum more often, you'd found out that there were already discussions about the team being busy with developing the next version, and some sneak peeks of the current Alpha have been posted already. When working on a tight schedule on a new release packed with new features, something had to let go and in this case, it was new missions.

I think that after three years of almost 30 FREE missions and FREE major updates combined, there is no place for any complaint on this point, especially since support continues without any issues and the team has been working on a new major release of the sim. We feel that we've met and exceeded any standards when you consider that major titles do not release more than 1-2 patches (no new features, just mainly bug fixes) during the lifetime of a product, not to mention providing close to nothing as free content after release.

I suggest that you send support@ the new PC ID for the USB installation, and they'll be more than pleased to help you, just like they did before.

I don't know if you care anymore, but at this end we do.

/Admin

*BANG*

I think I lost track about the number of mission updates... wow.