Author Topic: My gift to the SSM 2007 community  (Read 3437 times)

IceManHG

• Trainee
My gift to the SSM 2007 community
« on: January 10, 2009, 06:16:10 PM »
I have been flying simulators for a long time. And I always take pride in my accomplishments in those simulators. One of the things I take pride in are flight hours. The time you spend in a aircraft, or space craft for that matter show how much experience you have in that craft.  I have noticed that several people on these forums have custom signtures with mission patches in them to show what missions they have succesfully flown.

Well gents, after spending countless hours on this...I bring you SSM 2007 Space Shuttle flight hour patches. I made 10,20,50,100 and 200 hour patches. Each one is unique and recognizable by the number and color of the patch.

The patches have several elements in them. First is the NASA logo, second is the SSM 2007 logo. In the middle is the official NASA Space Shuttle patch. There are 7 stars shining in space to commemorate the 2007 edition of SSM. Who knows, when the dev's release the next version I might add some stars to the design.

I can add more flight hours upon request since some of you might have more than 200 hours in the shuttle....like those among you that like to run each mission in real time.  ;) I hope you guys like them and use them. I sure will!

I will be posting individual patches for download as soon as I figure out how!

SSM 2007 Dev's. I understand that all SSM 2007 logo's are copyright of Simsquared Ltd. I hope I am within my right to create patches using your SSM 2007 logo. I give these patches freely to the SSM 2007 community and I don't expect, nor will accept any payment for them.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 06:20:26 PM by IceManHG »
STS Logbook started: 06/09/2008
----------------------
Missions completed: 2
Successful landings: 13
Shuttle Flight time: 09:20 hrs

Twabi2

• Shuttle Pilot
  • Crew/Moderator
Re: My gift to the SSM 2007 community
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 07:39:38 PM »
Looking really good!
I'd love to have one of these as a real patch to put on my flight suit :)
I don't know about copyright issues, that's up to Admin to decide I guess, but it looks like fair-use to me.
As for putting them online: you can upload it to the wiki, ask the groundcrew if they can upload it here, or even I can host them for you...

-Toine
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

spaceboy7441

• Shuttle Pilot
  • Future Real Astronaut
    • My Paper Models Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 08:24:25 PM »
They look wonderful. I REALLY wish there was a flight hours counter!! I haven't the clue my flight hours. :) Please Ground Crew There should be a counter. :)
The SSM-Fans Portal: http://ssm-fans.info
The SSM wiki: http://wiki.ssm-fans.info
The Image Pad: http://upload.ssm-fans.info
Feel Free to email me: spaceboy7441@ssm-fans.info

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 09:26:57 PM »
Hi IceManHG,

Impressive! It is OK to use our patches the way you do, but I am not sure NASA will like you using their logo in this context without their agreement. If this is for some freeware activity, I don't think however that NASA will go for the trouble to harrass you, especially since you are not using their stuff in a negative way, or implying their endorsement.

I am also not sure if you want to sell stitched patches (which I think would be cool). If this is the case, I can guarantee that NASA will not like it :). Same applies to the Space Shuttle generic patch. We got permission for using them and so should you.

Anyway, tread carefully with NASA. You have green light from our end to use OUR logo and sim name :)

In order to be 100% sure you are "clean", you may want to take our logo and use it for the patches and put that XXX hours, etc. indication in colored borders, as you do today.

My 2c,
/Admin

USA~Driver

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 10:06:33 PM »
Would be a nice add to my collection. I have a few Mission patches already so I would be proud to sport a Milestone patch from our Program.

Great work IceManHG!! Great Idea, Wish I'd thought of it!  ;)

Twabi2

• Shuttle Pilot
  • Crew/Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 03:34:44 AM »
This is what NASA says about usage of their logo:
NASA still images; audio files; video; and computer files used in the rendition of 3-dimensional models, such as texture maps and polygon data in any format, generally are not copyrighted. You may use NASA imagery, video, audio, and data files used for the rendition of 3-dimensional models for educational or informational purposes, including photo collections, textbooks, public exhibits, computer graphical simulations and Internet Web pages. This general permission extends to personal Web pages.

This general permission does not extend to use of the NASA insignia logo (the blue "meatball" insignia), the retired NASA logotype (the red "worm" logo) and the NASA seal. These images may not be used by persons who are not NASA employees or on products (including Web pages) that are not NASA-sponsored.
So, if you'd remove the Meatball logo from the patches, you'd be okay.

IceManHG

• Trainee
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 03:10:03 PM »
Can I use the Exciting Simulations logo?
STS Logbook started: 06/09/2008
----------------------
Missions completed: 2
Successful landings: 13
Shuttle Flight time: 09:20 hrs