Author Topic: Next Shuttle Mission: STS-119  (Read 51622 times)

spaceboy7441

• Shuttle Pilot
  • Future Real Astronaut
    • My Paper Models Blog
Re: Next Shuttle Mission: STS-119
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2009, 04:01:50 AM »
SSRMS on the move and now at the pregrapple position!!
The SSM-Fans Portal: http://ssm-fans.info
The SSM wiki: http://wiki.ssm-fans.info
The Image Pad: http://upload.ssm-fans.info
Feel Free to email me: spaceboy7441@ssm-fans.info

spaceboy7441

• Shuttle Pilot
  • Future Real Astronaut
    • My Paper Models Blog
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2009, 04:26:23 AM »
SSRMS has grappled the S6 Truss!! SRMS is a go for ungrapple. This will be a great mission to simulate for the robotic lovers. (ME) :)
The SSM-Fans Portal: http://ssm-fans.info
The SSM wiki: http://wiki.ssm-fans.info
The Image Pad: http://upload.ssm-fans.info
Feel Free to email me: spaceboy7441@ssm-fans.info

RMS Driver

• Astronaut
  • "Docking Complete"
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2009, 08:31:56 AM »
I saw the ISS/Shuttle fly above my house tonight. They were visible for three minutes, even with it being a little cloudy and still a little light out. FIrst time I had looked, it was really cool. :) I'll have to get some binoculars next time, to see if I can see the solar arrays.

>Salute<
Regards,
Chris

All Missions

Hollywood6385

• Just joined training
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2009, 10:39:17 AM »
I am currently living in Michigan, unfortunately I don't think I will see the ISS fly over because it crosses into Canada just before it enters Mi. I am here for a while and then I will be moving back home to PA, another place not going to see the ISS haha. But I was watching the grapple today of S6. I thought it was interesting that the snares were out of shape.

Anyway, tomorrow should be a good day for the crew, talk to everyone soon, I will be checking this frequently

jafergon

• Just joined training
    • My Blog
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2009, 08:16:00 PM »
I saw the S6 truss grapple live on NASATV. Having spent so many hours playing with the RMS, everytime the showed the action from the SSRMS camera I felt the need to control the robotic arm myself :)

Firecapt_32

• Trainee
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2009, 09:39:52 PM »
Nasa TV rocks..... watched them suit up for an EVA.
I need my SPACE!

HMSEndeavorreborn

• Astronaut
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2009, 04:28:57 AM »
lol SPACE SUIT UP! Couldn't help the How I met your mother reference. Gotta love Neil Patrick Harris, great actor.

Looking forward to seeing the new solar panels installed, I remember doing it myself during one of the SSM missions, though the number escapes me.
Born On Earth. Yearning To Live Amongst The Stars

RMS Driver

• Astronaut
  • "Docking Complete"
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2009, 08:57:21 AM »
I am currently living in Michigan, unfortunately I don't think I will see the ISS fly over because it crosses into Canada just before it enters Mi. I am here for a while and then I will be moving back home to PA, another place not going to see the ISS haha. But I was watching the grapple today of S6. I thought it was interesting that the snares were out of shape.

Anyway, tomorrow should be a good day for the crew, talk to everyone soon, I will be checking this frequently

Where are you moving to in PA? I live just north of Pittsburgh, in Wexford.
Regards,
Chris

All Missions

Hollywood6385

• Just joined training
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2009, 09:45:56 AM »

Where are you moving to in PA? I live just north of Pittsburgh, in Wexford.
[/quote]

I am actually from Northeastern area. The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton vacinity really, I live in between the 2 of them....and I can't wait to get back, however when I do, I will be going to philly for a job hopefully....again another place I would NEVER see the ISS

RMS Driver

• Astronaut
  • "Docking Complete"
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2009, 03:26:41 AM »
I have a few relatives that live in Philly, and they can see the ISS. I also checked on NASA's tracking tool, which also said that you can see it from Philly.
Regards,
Chris

All Missions

Hollywood6385

• Just joined training
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2009, 04:44:59 AM »
I have a few relatives that live in Philly, and they can see the ISS. I also checked on NASA's tracking tool, which also said that you can see it from Philly.

That is actually quite fantastic then. I just automatically assumed because of all of the lights it would be difficult if not impossible to see

USA~Driver

« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2009, 04:57:55 AM »
Astronauts successfully unfurled the newly installed solar wings at the international space station Friday, a nerve-racking procedure that went exceedingly well and brought the orbiting outpost to full power.

To NASA's relief, both wings went out smoothly, one at a time. Nothing hung up, and none of the panels stuck together like they had on previous panels.

The wings stretched more than 240 feet, a glistening golden hue in the sunlight and a dazzling sight for the astronauts and everyone else involved.

"It's just really amazing," said Mike Fincke, the space station's skipper. He said there was "a shout of triumph" aboard the linked station-shuttle complex once the two wings were fully extended.

At Mission Control, flight controllers burst into applause. Some engineers were in tears.

"It was just really like a great weight had lifted," said flight director Kwatsi Alibaruho.

The work was a highlight of shuttle Discovery's mission. Completed 220 miles above Earth, the new panels are the final pair of electricity-generating wings and should boost the amount of science research at the orbiting outpost.

RMS Driver

• Astronaut
  • "Docking Complete"
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2009, 07:21:02 AM »

That is actually quite fantastic then. I just automatically assumed because of all of the lights it would be difficult if not impossible to see

I would not think so. They live a little north of Philly, but I was able to see it even thought it was only dusk.
Regards,
Chris

All Missions

Admin

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • Sic Itur Ad Astra
    • Space Shuttle Mission 2007 (tm)
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2009, 01:13:02 PM »

I would not think so. They live a little north of Philly, but I was able to see it even thought it was only dusk.

Guys, please stick to the topic. This is the STS-119 thread.

/Admin
- The Space Shuttle Mission 2007(tm)Team -

USA~Driver

« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2009, 10:17:22 AM »
Space shuttle Discovery's lead spacewalker and his rookie partner floated outside the International Space Station on Saturday to prepare the complex for the debut flight of an unmanned Japanese cargo ship and future construction missions.