Author Topic: Problem with saving.  (Read 3675 times)

Captfurious

Problem with saving.
« on: May 01, 2008, 05:05:36 AM »
Hi Everyone.
  Let me start by saying I REALLY enjoy this game. I practically cried when I upgraded my computer to the point where I couldn't play Space Shuttle(By Virgin that is) anymore.
  The only problem I seem to have with this one is that while I can save a mission in progress I can't continue with the mission from that point later with one exception. What happen is this: I save my mission at any point except lined up with the runway(the exception) and when I load it later I get the same msg- Mission is ready select MISSION COMMS to commence. after selecting MC I'm told to select NEXT EVENT. Pressing that does nothing as the shuttle is already in the upper atmosphere and burns up in 9 minutes every single time. It doesn't matter what mission, it happens every time.
  Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any kind of fix? I've already applied the v1.31 patch BTW. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Cheers
Cap.

Conan

• Trainee
  • In the pursuit of knowledge to better ones self.
Re: Problem with saving.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 07:10:46 AM »
Wow, I Have never heard of that before. Have you tried a reinstall, maybe somthing screwed up during the install. I wish I could help you more, bro, and I do wish you the best of luck with your problem. During your install make sure all anti-virus and spyware is off as this can affect any kind of install. Also what may help the tech support people is if you list your computer specs. I know some poeple have had probs with hardware affecting the sim, I don't know if this still happens but hey anything is posible. Good luck, and God Speed.

Captfurious

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 10:45:27 AM »
Wow, I Have never heard of that before. Have you tried a reinstall, maybe somthing screwed up during the install. I wish I could help you more, bro, and I do wish you the best of luck with your problem. During your install make sure all anti-virus and spyware is off as this can affect any kind of install. Also what may help the tech support people is if you list your computer specs. I know some poeple have had probs with hardware affecting the sim, I don't know if this still happens but hey anything is posible. Good luck, and God Speed.

I tried the re-install thing with no luck and you are absolutely right I should have listed my comp specs, which are:

Athlon 62 X2 6000+ AM2 3.3ghz
4 gigs RAM
Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX with 768mb
Creative X_FI sound
Window XP SP2

Cheers

Conan

• Trainee
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 08:15:11 PM »
Are you using quicksave or the normal save process? And does this happen you no matter what time line you save at? IE: before or after it tells you to select coms and next event.

I only use quicksave.

Captfurious

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 05:21:00 AM »
Are you using quicksave or the normal save process? And does this happen you no matter what time line you save at? IE: before or after it tells you to select coms and next event.

I only use quicksave.

It doesn't matter when I save or how I save either way it is the same result.

Cap.

Conan

• Trainee
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 07:27:36 PM »
Wow, I don't know then, I Wish I could help further. Sorry, man. HAve you tried contacting support directly yet.

uri_ba

• Shuttle Pilot
  • Proudly Addicted!
    • SSM-fans Rulez! :)
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 12:04:52 AM »
odd,
this happens in every STS mission?
The SSM-fans sites:
Blog: http://blog.ssm-fans.info
Wiki: http://wiki.ssm-fans.info
The Image Pad: http://upload.ssm-fans.info
you can contact me at uri@ssm-fans.info

Admin2

• Commander
  • Shuttle Pilot
  • "A small step..."
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 05:11:03 PM »
Send the saved game folder with a detailed description to support. I don't think we seen this kind of error before.